When does the Summit officially begin and end?
- The 2018 Women's Private Equity Summit officially begins on the afternoon of Wednesday, March 7, with the Optional Recreational Activities for Early Arrivals at 1:30 p.m., followed by the Welcome Networking Reception, from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- The Summit program opens on Thursday, March 8, at 7:00 a.m., with Sessions starting at 8:30 a.m. Thursday concludes with the Cocktail Reception (serving dinner fare) from 5:45 – 7:30 p.m.
- The Summit program adjourns on Friday, March 9, at 12:00 p.m.
- Please visit the Agenda for updates on the conference agenda and for additional information on available optional networking activities.
What meals are included in my registration fee?
Your registration fee includes breakfast and lunch as well as two networking refreshment breaks on Thursday, March 8. On Friday, March 9, breakfast and a morning refreshment break are provided.
May we bring a guest to the Thursday evening Cocktail Reception?
The Thursday evening Cocktail Reception (serving dinner fare) from 5:45 – 7:30 p.m. is open to Summit attendees only.
Does the registration fee cover accommodations and/or travel?
Accommodations and transportation for the event must be reserved separately by attendees as these are not included in the conference registration fee.
Is there a preferred Summit hotel?
The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay is the preferred hotel of the 2018 Women's Private Equity Summit. As such, we have negotiated exclusive room block rates for registered conference attendees of $345.00 for a Standard Room, and $599.00 for a limited number of Suites (inclusive of Resort Fee) plus applicable taxes per night. These exclusive rates are available until February 13, 2018. Space is limited: The room block and hotel will likely sell out before February 13, so please make your reservation early. For more information visit our venue page
Is there a deadline for registration?
There is no deadline for registration. Please visit the registration page
for more information.
I believe I qualify for the special $495 rate offered to Institutional Investors. What are the specific qualifications that I must meet to register at this rate?
To register at the $495 rate you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be an investment officer of a public pension plan*
- Be an investment officer of a university endowment*
- All others must meet the following criteria:
- Be actively investing/allocating private equity capital as a limited partner rather than as a general partner
- Be investing/allocating private equity capital as a limited partner primarily (at least 75%) for its own or its affiliated company's account
The following are disqualifying
factors for the $495 rate:
- Organization is a fund of funds
- Organization raises funds from public pensions, university endowments, or other limited partners
- Organization manages funds for public pensions, university endowments, for multiple family offices or other limited partners
- The entity the person represents raises private equity capital with a private placement memorandum or similar marketing materials
- The entity the person represents manages private equity capital for multiple third parties (that is, multiple institutional investors)
* Complimentary registrations are available for pension funds, endowments and foundations actively investing in private equity funds who may call us at +1 781.652.0900.
If you still have questions about whether or not you qualify for the $495 rate, please contact the Summit organizers at +1 781-652-0900.
I am a member of ILPA. How do I register for the special $295 rate?
Rebecca Greenlee, Summit conference coordinator, at +1 781-652-0900 or Rebecca.Greenlee@FalkMarquesGroup.com
to register. This rate is not available via online registration.
Can I register to attend only part of the Summit but not the full event, e.g. for only the Thursday evening Cocktail Reception or for only the Friday sessions?
The Summit has a ‘no partial registrations' policy. There are no exceptions to this policy for any reason.
Do you offer shared registrations, e.g., one person attends on Thursday and one person attends on Friday?
It is the policy of the Summit not to offer shared registrations. Each attendee must register separately for the full conference. There are no exceptions to this policy for any reason.
Do you offer discounts to students who are interested in attending the Summit?
We are not able to offer Student discounts. There are no exceptions to this policy for any reason.
I am currently between positions. Can I get a discount to attend the Summit?
It is the policy of the Summit not to offer discounts to attend.
As a speaker at the Summit, can I invite my colleagues to attend at a discount?
We do not offer registration discounts to guests of speakers at the Summit.
Several members of our firm plan to attend the Summit. Do you offer a group discount?
We do not offer registration discounts for multiple attendees from one company.
I may need to cancel my registration; can you tell me about your cancellation policy?
Written cancellations received via email at registration@FalkMarquesGroup.com
or by telephone at +1-781-652-0900 through January 10, 2018 will receive a refund less a $350 administrative fee, per person. After that date, no refunds will be made. If you contact us to cancel within 24 hours of registering, you will receive a refund less a 5% processing fee. Shared registrations are not permitted. Registrations may not be transferred to a future Summit. There will be no exceptions to these policies for any reason. Falk Marques Group is not responsible for cancellations that were never received. Please call to confirm receipt of any such requests.
I am registered to attend, but am no longer able to attend; can I send someone else in my place?
To ensure that we deliver a carefully balanced Summit audience, substitutions within a company are subject to the approval of the Falk Marques Group. On-site transfers are not accepted. Please submit written transfer requests to Rebecca Greenlee, Summit conference coordinator, at Rebecca.Greenlee@FalkMarquesGroup.com
As a member of the press, can I receive a press pass?
The Summit is closed to the press in order to encourage open discussion amongst speakers and attendees during the sessions and networking breaks. As the conference approaches, we would be pleased to put you in touch with selected speakers directly for a telephone interview.
What is the suggested attire for the Summit?
We recommend business casual attire for attendees participating in the conference program. Be sure to bring comfortable workout clothes and shoes if you plan to participate in the Friday morning Wellness Activities; and the appropriate attire if you have signed up to participate in one of the Wednesday afternoon activities.
How will my name and title appear on my name badge?
Your name and business information are taken directly from your Summit registration form. If you prefer to use a "nickname" or your title has changed since registering to attend, please contact Rebecca Greenlee, Summit conference coordinator, at +1 781-652-0900 or Rebecca.Greenlee@FalkMarquesGroup.com
, and we will update your information.
When will I receive the attendee list and the other conference-related materials?
Registered attendees will receive the conference materials on-site, including the Program Guide and Attendee List. Please note that the Attendee List will be available upon check-in at the Summit, and will not be distributed in advance. In addition, access to the Summit Mobile App, featuring Agenda, Speaker, Attendee and Networking details, will be provide to all registered attendees. Access to conference materials will only be provided to those who attend the event.
My company would like to hold a networking function during the Summit. How do I make arrangements?
In keeping with the spirit of the Summit and its mission to foster unmatched networking and deal-making opportunities for senior-level women in private equity and venture capital, we discourage private networking functions during Summit hours − from 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 7, through 2:00 p.m. on Friday, March 9. If you are interested in hosting a networking event, the Summit offers a wealth of sponsorship opportunities, as well as the chance to create a customized sponsorship package. For more information, please contact Carolyn O'Donnell at firstname.lastname@example.org