When does the 2020 Summit officially begin and end?
- Optional Interactive Forums and Luncheon start the morning of Wednesday, March 11, 2020 (pre-registration required).
- The 2020 Women's Private Equity Summit officially begins on the afternoon of Wednesday, March 11, with the Optional Recreational Activities for Early Arrivals at 1:30 p.m., followed by the Welcome Networking Reception, from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- The Summit program opens on Thursday, March 12, at 7:00 a.m., with Sessions starting at 8:30 a.m. Thursday concludes with the Cocktail Reception (serving dinner fare) from 5:45 – 7:30 p.m.
- The Summit program adjourns on Friday, March 13, at 12:00 p.m.
What meals are included in my registration fee?
Your registration fee includes hors d'oeuvres on Wednesday evening at the Wine Tasting Networking Reception. On Thursday, March 12, you will be provided with breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as two networking refreshment breaks. On Friday, March 13, breakfast and one networking refreshment break is provided.
May we bring a guest to the Wednesday Wine Tasting Networking Reception or the Thursday Evening Cocktail Networking Reception?
The Networking Reception is open to Summit attendees only.
Does the registration fee cover accommodations and/or travel?
Accommodations and transportation for the event must be reserved separately by attendees as these are not included in the conference registration fee.
Is there a preferred Summit hotel?
We have secured a block of rooms with discounted rates at three lovely properties in Dana Point, CA for Summit attendees: The Monarch Beach Resort (host hotel), The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel, and the Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa. Accommodations for the event must be reserved separately by attendees as hotel stays are not included in the conference registration fee. After you complete your Summit registration, your confirmation web page and confirmation email will display a link to the hotel reservation request form. You must already be registered for the Summit to gain access to the room block. Only one hotel reservation per Summit registration is permitted. If two hotel reservations are made for one person, the first reservation will be used and the second reservation will be void.
Room blocks will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis, and we expect the room blocks to sell out, so encourage you to make your hotel reservation request as soon as you complete your Summit registration.
How can I register to attend?
For 2020, we are inviting people to register with a personalized link via email. If you did not receive an invitation to register and would like to attend, please request an invitation on our website.
Is there a deadline for registration?
Registration may sell out, so we recommend registering as soon as possible.
I believe I qualify for the special $495 rate offered to Institutional Investors. What are the specific qualifications that I must meet to register at this rate?To register at the $495 rate you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be an investment officer of a public pension plan*
- Be an investment officer of a university endowment*
- All others must meet the following criteria in their individual role:
- Be actively investing/allocating private equity capital as a limited partner rather than as a general partner
- Is a decision maker in allocating capital to private equity fund managers
- Do not solely invest directly in portfolio companies
- Be investing/allocating your organization's own capital as a limited partner in private equity funds
- Organization is a fund of funds
- Organization is a fee-earning entity
- Organization raises funds from pensions, endowments, foundations, family offices, high-net-worth individuals, or other limited partners
- Organization manages funds for pensions, endowments, foundations, for multiple family offices, or other limited partners
- The entity the person represents raises private equity capital with a private placement memorandum or similar marketing materials
- The entity the person represents manages private equity capital for multiple third parties (that is, multiple institutional investors)
* A limited number of complimentary registrations are available for non-fee-earning Limited Partners actively investing in private equity and alternative investment funds. We recognize that some organizations require payment of a conference registration fee, and we therefore offer discount options should you not be able to accept a complimentary registration.
* We recognize that some organizations require payment of a conference registration fee, and we therefore offer discount options should you not be able to accept a complimentary registration.
* If you are not sure if you qualify as a non-fee-earning LP, please contact Rebecca Greenlee, conference manager, at Rebecca.Greenlee@FalkMarquesGroup.com to apply.
Can I register to attend only part of the Summit but not the full event, e.g. for only the Wednesday Evening Networking Reception or for only the Friday sessions?
The Summit has a 'no partial registrations' policy. There are no exceptions to this policy for any reason.
Do you offer shared registrations, e.g., one person attends on Thursday and one person attends on Friday?
It is the policy of the Summit not to offer shared registrations. Each attendee must register separately for the full conference. There are no exceptions to this policy for any reason.
Do you offer discounts to students who are interested in attending the Summit?
We are not able to offer student discounts. There are no exceptions to this policy for any reason.
I am currently between positions. Can I get a discount to attend the Summit?
It is the policy of the Summit not to offer discounts to attend. Please visit our registration page for more information.
As a speaker at the Summit, can I invite my colleagues to attend at a discount?
We do not offer registration discounts to guests of Summit speakers.
Several members of our firm plan to attend the Summit. Do you offer a group discount?
We do not offer registration discounts for multiple attendees from one company.
I may need to cancel my registration; can you tell me about your cancellation policy?
Written cancellations received via email at Rebecca.Greenlee@FalkMarquesGroup.com through Wednesday, January 8, 2020 will receive a refund according to the refund method requested: 1) if the refund is requested via check, registrant will receive a refund of the registration fee paid, less a $450 administrative fee, per person; or 2) if the refund is requested via credit card (to the card used to complete the registration), registrant will receive a refund of the registration fee paid, less a $450 administrative fee and a 5% credit card processing fee. After Wednesday, January 8, 2020, no refunds will be made for any reason. However, at any time if you cancel within 24 hours of registering, you will receive a refund, less a 10% processing fee, regardless of the refund method. Falk Marques Group is not responsible for cancellations that were never received. Please email Rebecca.Greenlee@falkmarquesgroup.com to confirm receipt of any such requests. There will be no exceptions to this policy for any reason.
I am registered to attend, but am no longer able to attend; can I send someone else in my place?
Requests to transfer a registration to another person within the same company must be made via email to Rebecca.Greenlee@falkmarquesgroup.com. Any transfer requests must be to an individual at an equivalent or higher level of seniority than the original registrant, and only one transfer request will be allowed per original registration. To ensure that we deliver a carefully balanced Summit audience, all transfer requests are subject to the approval of the Falk Marques Group. Shared registrations are not permitted. Registrations may not be transferred to a future Summit. Payment for any of the Pre-Conference Forums or optional networking activities is not refundable. Any travel or lodging costs are not the responsibility of the conference organizer and separate hotel payment and cancellation policies apply. There will be no exceptions to this policy for any reason.
As a member of the press, can I receive a press pass?
The Summit is closed to the press in order to encourage open discussion amongst speakers and attendees during the sessions and networking breaks. As the conference approaches, we would be pleased to put you in touch with selected speakers directly for a telephone interview.
What is the suggested attire for the Summit?
We recommend business casual for attendees participating in the conference program.
When will I receive the attendee list, mobile app information, and the other conference-related materials?
Registered attendees will receive the conference materials on-site, including the Program Guide and Attendee List. Please note that the Attendee List will be available upon check-in at the Summit, and will not be distributed in advance. Information and instructions regarding the mobile app will be emailed about one week prior to the Summit. Access to conference materials will only be provided to those who attend the event.