When does the 2019 Summit officially begin and end?
- Optional pre-conference Interactive Forums and Luncheon start the morning of Wednesday, March 13, 2019 (pre-registration required).
- The 2019 Women's Private Equity Summit officially begins on the afternoon of Wednesday, March 13, with the Optional Recreational Activities for Early Arrivals at 1:30 p.m., followed by the Welcome Networking Reception, from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- The Summit program opens on Thursday, March 13, at 7:00 a.m., with Sessions starting at 8:30 a.m. Thursday concludes with the Cocktail Reception (serving dinner fare) from 5:45 – 7:30 p.m.
- The Summit program adjourns on Friday, March 15, at 12:00 p.m.
What meals are included in my registration fee?
Your registration fee includes hors d'oeuvres on Wednesday evening at the Wine Tasting Networking Reception. On Thursday, March 14, you will be provided with breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as two networking refreshment breaks. On Friday, March 15, breakfast and one networking refreshment break is provided.
May we bring a guest to the Wednesday Wine Tasting Networking Reception or the Thursday Evening Cocktail Networking Reception?
The Networking Reception is open to Summit attendees only.
Does the registration fee cover accommodations and/or travel?
Accommodations and transportation for the event must be reserved separately by attendees as these are not included in the conference registration fee.
Is there a preferred Summit hotel?
Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point, California is the host hotel of the 2019 Women's Private Equity Summit. Hotel reservations are only available for registered attendees of the Summit. Once registered information on how to reserve a hotel room will be provided. Accommodations for the event must be reserved separately by attendees as hotel stays are not included in the conference registration fee. We have negotiated several different room types and rates for registered attendees however space is still limited: the hotel is likely to sell out so please make your reservations early. If you have any questions please reach out to Rebecca Greenlee at Rebecca.Greenlee@falkmarquesgroup.com.
Is there a deadline for registration?
Registration may sell out, so we recommend registering as soon as possible. Please visit our registration page for more information.
I believe I qualify for the special $495 rate offered to Institutional Investors. What are the specific qualifications that I must meet to register at this rate?To register at the $495 rate you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be an investment officer of a public pension plan*
- Be an investment officer of a university endowment*
- All others must meet the following criteria in their individual role:
- Be actively investing/allocating private equity capital as a limited partner rather than as a general partner
- Is a decision maker in allocating capital to private equity fund managers
- Do not solely invest directly in portfolio companies
- Be investing/allocating your organization's own capital as a limited partner in private equity funds
- Organization is a fund of funds
- Organization is a fee-earning entity
- Organization raises funds from pensions, endowments, foundations, family offices, high-net-worth individuals, or other limited partners
- Organization manages funds for pensions, endowments, foundations, for multiple family offices, or other limited partners
- The entity the person represents raises private equity capital with a private placement memorandum or similar marketing materials
- The entity the person represents manages private equity capital for multiple third parties (that is, multiple institutional investors)
* A limited number of complimentary registrations are available for non-fee-earning Limited Partners actively investing in private equity and alternative investment funds. We recognize that some organizations require payment of a conference registration fee, and we therefore offer discount options should you not be able to accept a complimentary registration.
* We recognize that some organizations require payment of a conference registration fee, and we therefore offer discount options should you not be able to accept a complimentary registration.
* If you are not sure if you qualify as a non-fee-earning LP, please contact Rebecca Greenlee, conference manager, at Rebecca.Greenlee@FalkMarquesGroup.com to apply.
Can I register to attend only part of the Summit but not the full event, e.g. for only the Wednesday Evening Networking Reception or for only the Friday sessions?
The Summit has a 'no partial registrations' policy. There are no exceptions to this policy for any reason.
Do you offer shared registrations, e.g., one person attends on Thursday and one person attends on Friday?
It is the policy of the Summit not to offer shared registrations. Each attendee must register separately for the full conference. There are no exceptions to this policy for any reason.
Do you offer discounts to students who are interested in attending the Summit?
We are not able to offer student discounts. There are no exceptions to this policy for any reason.
I am currently between positions. Can I get a discount to attend the Summit?
It is the policy of the Summit not to offer discounts to attend. Please visit our registration page for more information.
As a speaker at the Summit, can I invite my colleagues to attend at a discount?
We do not offer registration discounts to guests of Summit speakers.
Several members of our firm plan to attend the Summit. Do you offer a group discount?
We do not offer registration discounts for multiple attendees from one company.
I may need to cancel my registration; can you tell me about your cancellation policy?New cancellation policy:
Written cancellations received via email at Rebecca.Greenlee@FalkMarquesGroup.com through Wednesday, January 9, 2019 will receive a refund less a $450 administrative fee, per person. After that date, no refunds will be made for any reason. However, at any time if you cancel within 24 hours of registering, you will receive a refund, less a 5% processing fee. If you register for an incorrect category and rate, we will contact you to arrange payment for the difference in price, or refund you the rate paid, less a 5% processing fee. To ensure that we deliver a carefully balanced Summit audience, substitutions within a company are subject to the approval of the Falk Marques Group. Shared registrations are not permitted. Registrations may not be transferred to a future Summit. Payment for the pre-conference Interactive Forum or any of the optional networking activities is not refundable. Any travel or lodging costs are not the responsibility of the conference organizers. There will be no exceptions to these policies for any reason. Falk Marques Group is not responsible for cancellations that were never received. Please email Rebecca.Greenlee@falkmarquesgroup.com to confirm receipt of any such requests. Thank you.
I am registered to attend, but am no longer able to attend; can I send someone else in my place?
If a registered attendee is unable to attend the conference, a substitution from the same company may take his or her place at any time without an additional charge as long as Falk Marques Group is notified in writing prior to the conference. To ensure that we deliver a carefully balanced Summit audience, substitutions within a company are subject to the approval of the Falk Marques Group. On-site transfers are not accepted. Please submit written transfer requests to Rebecca Greenlee, conference manager, at Rebecca.Greenlee@falkmarquesgroup.com.
As a member of the press, can I receive a press pass?
The Summit is closed to the press in order to encourage open discussion amongst speakers and attendees during the sessions and networking breaks. As the conference approaches, we would be pleased to put you in touch with selected speakers directly for a telephone interview.
What is the suggested attire for the Summit?
We recommend business casual for attendees participating in the conference program.
How will my name and title appear on my name badge?
Your name and business information are taken directly from your Summit registration form. If you prefer to use a "nickname" or your title has changed since registering to attend, you can either update your information using your confirmation number or contact Rebecca Greenlee, conference manager, at rebecca.greenlee@FalkMarquesGroup.com, and we will update your information.
When will I receive the attendee list, mobile app information, and the other conference-related materials?
Registered attendees will receive the conference materials on-site, including the Program Guide and Attendee List. Please note that the Attendee List will be available upon check-in at the Summit, and will not be distributed in advance. Information and instructions regarding the mobile will be emailed about one week prior to the Summit. Access to conference materials will only be provided to those who attend the event.